What you’re forgetting to add to your budget
Everyone can remember to include their monthly utility bills, grocery, or gas expenses, but not many consider including holidays and special occasions into their budgets.
Not that it’s hard to remember, most just cram save towards each event or take from another category.
We shall put a stop to that right now 😛
Especially when you have kiddos, everything cost money and can get a little pricey.
Being prepared can save a lot of headaches.
Budgets are not supposed to be painful.
You’re not supposed to cut out everything you like out to save money…
You’re just supposed to control it!
So when creating your budget…
just don’t say “Oh I just won’t buy any gifts this year..”
That is not going to go well with you wife.
and a happy wife is a happy life. 😉
Now.. here are a few things to consider…
- Party Supplies
- Baking Supplies (including cookies! 😛 )
- Cards (Don’t forget stamps!)
- Candy/Gingerbread house
- Christmas Crafts/Movies
- Elf on the shelf
- Accessories (shoes, makeup, bags for candy.. ect)
- Photo Gifts (I usually send a personalized greeting card from Walmart, + stamps!)
- Party Supplies
- Baking Supplies (I’m trying these cookies this year 🙂 )
- Pet Costumes (Kota was a lobster last year 😮 )
- Halloween crafts/movies
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- Cards (again, I usually do the personalized ones, +stamps)
- Baking supplies (pieessssssssss 😎 )
- Thanksgiving favors (definitely doing this year, any ideas? COMMENT)
- Decorations (loveeeeee 😀 )
- Crafts/movies (this.)
- Easter egg hunt? 💡 (check out these cool glow in the dark eggs!)
- Easter baskets
- Church outfit
- Crafts/games (check out these ideas 🙂 )
- Cookies (these spring/easter cutters are so cute!)
- Books/movies (Classic 😎 )
- Mothers day
- Fathers day
- Family photos
- Vet Visits
- Valentines day
- St Patricks Day
- Mardi Gras
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday (you don’t want to miss out on good deals!)
Comment with ideas of your own, what do you think most people leave out of their budgets?
***This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using this link. It does not alter my opinion in any way. Just helps pay for this site. Thank you!***